What are the secrets to losing weight? Everyone wants to lose a few lbs here and there. Mesa Personal Training is a comfortable training studio where we focus on a client's goals and make their dreams a reality in the fitness world. Exactly how do we lose weight?
1. We need to expend more calories than we intake. In easier terms, we need to burn off 3,500 calories per every lbs we lose. Example: If you burn 2500 calories per day, and intake 2000...you will lose 1lbs per day (500 calories per day deficit=3,500 calories for the week)
2. In order to expend as many calories as we can...do cardio! Cardio can be biking, swimming, running, household chores...anything that you're body burns more calories than rest is cardio. Get your heart rate up! It's the most important cardiac muscle in your body:).
3. Weight Train! Weight training increases our BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). Increasing our BMR makes it easier to lose weight. For everyone lbs of muscle that you gain, you burn an extra 50 calories doing absolutely NOTHING! Also, you look more toned and skinny!
4. Don't drink those calories! Drinking water is the best choice for any type of fluid consumption. Stay away from drinks that have calories such as Starbucks, alcohol, soft drinks, and caloric teas.
5. Finally, Eating Good! You don't have to eat perfectly to lose weight. You should be eating 4-6 small portioned meals per day. This spikes your metabolism and gets your body working faster and more efficient. You'll be hungry more often. Eat healthy carbs, proteins, and limit unhealthy fats that best you can!