This complimentary event is solely dedicated to health, wellness and beauty topics for women of all ages. Nosh on brunch finger foods and sip mocktails while you enjoy beauty exhibits and learn about the wide range of women’s services available at Mountain Vista Medical Center including obstetrics, gynecology, mammography, plastic surgery, cardiology, orthopaedics and wound care.
- Health screenings for cardiovascular/stroke risk, depression, glucose/total cholesterol, blood pressure, gait assessments, vision screening and skin cancer screening
- Health information for maternity, gynecology, women’s wellness, mammography, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, foot care, skin cancer, bariatric weight loss surgery, family medicine, plastic surgery, orthopaedics, chiropractic care, smoking cessation, wound care
- Meet with a Mountain Vista Medical Center employment recruiter
- Brunch items & mocktails
- Infant & child safety resources including car seat inspections (appointment required)
- Special appearances
Health, Wellness & Beauty Exhibits:
Several local organizations will also be on hand to offer value-added mini services and demonstrations, as well as free information.
- Active wear that offers adjustable sizing for women
- Chair massage
- Hand demonstration of chemical peels
- Mini manicures
- Physical training
- Skin care samples and information
- Stretch table
- Vitamin and supplement information
- Hair tinseling
- Mini makeovers
- And much more!
Seminars and Special Events
- 8:30 a.m. Women’s Health at All Ages, presented by Marla Vogt-Roberts, CNM
- 9 a.m.: Zumba mini class, presented by Tinisha Howard
- 9:05 a.m. Depression and Anxiety, presented by Suzanne Northey, M.S., LMFT
- 9:35 a.m.: Easy Home Exercises, presented by Watus Cooper
- 9:40 a.m. Understanding Infertility, presented by Manisha Purohit, M.D., FACOG, OB/GYN
- 10 – 11 a.m. Special appearances by the Phoenix Mercury’s mascot, Scorch
- 10 – 11 a.m. Special performances by the Phoenix Mercury’s Hip Hop Squad and the Phoenix Suns’ Golden Grannies
- 10:15 a.m. Healing Your Body Through Food Choices, presented by Jamie Parker, Ph.D., C.P.T., and Victoria Barrios, C.P.T.
- 10:50 a.m. Makeover Your Kitchen For Better Health, presented by Jamie Parker, Ph.D., C.P.T., and Victoria Barrios, C.P.T.
- 11:25 a.m. Preparing for Pregnancy and Understanding High-risk Pregnancies, presented by Holy Todd, WHNP, and Richard Blumrick, M.D., FACOG, perinatologist
Held 5/6/17 at 1301 S. Crismon Road Mesa, AZ 85209